Connections Travel Solutions | Golf Courses Transfer
With a privileged climate that allows the practice of this sport all year round and with a wide variety of courses, the Algarve is a golfer's paradise.
The days of golf in Portugal are truly memorable and last in the memory of golfers even after their holiday is over! Generations of golfers have headed to the south coast of affordable prices, the relaxed atmosphere and the verdant landscapes.
Most of the courses are set in preserved areas, which allows for breathtaking views of the surrounding nature. The courses are spread from one end of the region to the other. By the sea or inland, flat or more hilly, the choice is varied, but you may be rewarded with several birdies and eagles and, who knows, a hole in one in any of them!
Most of the golf courses are within 30 minutes of Faro Airport, around Quinta do Lago and the Vilamoura Marina, but there are still hidden treasures to be found in the Barlavento (windward side), along the rocky coast that leads to Sagres, and in the more tranquil Sotavento (leeward side), between traditional whitewashed houses and world-renowned nature reserves.
Not only is the Algarve a must for the amateur golfer, who can enjoy the varied Golf Academies of international reputation, but also for the sport's top professionals who have been attracted by the impeccable quality of the golf courses that have hosted major tournaments such as the 2005 World Cup and the Portugal Masters.
Below is a list of the best golf courses in the region:
- Morgado Golf Course - NAU Morgado Golf & Country Club | Portimão
- Álamos Golf Course - NAU Morgado Golf & Country Club | Portimão
- Salgados Golf Course - NAU Hotels & Resorts | Guia
- Dom Pedro Laguna Golf Course | Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Millenium Golf Course | Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Old Course | Vilamoura
- Dom Pedro Victoria Golf Course | Vilamoura
- Alto Golf - Pestana Golf & Resort | Alvor
- Faldo Amendoeira Golf Course | Alcantarilha
- Gramacho Golf Course - Pestana Golf & Resort | Carvoeiro
- O'Connor Jnr. Amendoeira Golf Course | Alcantarilha
- Dom Pedro Pinhal Golf Course | Vilamoura
- San Lorenzo Golf Course - Dona Filipa Hotel Algarve | Quinta do Lago - Almancil
- Silves Golf - Pestana Golf & Resort | Silves
- Vale da Pinta Golf Course - Pestana Golf & Resort| Lagoa
- Vila Sol Golf Course - Pestana Golf & Resort | Vilamoura
- Penina Sir Henry Cotton Golf Course - Penina Hotel & Golf Resort | Portimão
- Pinheiros Altos Golf Course - Dona Filipa Hotel Algarve | Almancil
- Golfland - Golf for all the family | Alvor
- Family Golf Park | Vilamoura